PGR First Year Induction
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences PGR Induction took place on Monday 3rd October 2022
This year, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences held an online PGR Induction for new PhD students.
- Welcome, and Undertaking a PhD at Liverpool
- Training and Development Opportunities, including Library Support
- Wellbeing and Pastoral Support
Talks were recorded and are available to view below.
Welcome, and Undertaking a PhD at Liverpool - Professor Bruce Gibson (Deputy Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor, Research and Impact)
Training and Development Opportunities- Hayley Meloy (Faculty PGR Development Officer)
Welcome To Your Library - Sam Gill (Library Liaison)
Wellbeing and Pastoral Support - Tricia Mackin (Faculty PGR Development Coordinator), and the PGR Wellbeing Ambassadors
- PGR Code of Practice
- Faculty PGR Training Catalogue
- Faculty PGR Wellbeing Page
- Wellbeing Ambassadors
- COVID-19 PGR FAQ
New PGRs will also benefit from local inductions within their Schools. This will include an introduction to the key contacts within your School, your School PGR Handbook and an insight into local research strengths.
Your local School PGR Team can be contacted here:
- School of the Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Histories, Languages and Cultures: HLC-PGR@liv.ac.uk
- School of Law and Social Justice: email@example.com
- Management School: firstname.lastname@example.org
An outline structure of key PGR contacts within the Faculty will be available in due course.