engage@liverpool upcoming events 2019-20
The engage@liverpool initiative encompasses a popular series of Social Research Methods Training modules alongside a programme of open, inclusive and interdisciplinary one-off events.
Events coming up in 2019-20 include:
- Research Methods in Arts and Health: Interdisciplinarity, Innovation, Impact
- Social Science Methods Innovation Series
- The Academic Translator in the Professional Sphere
- Future Versions of the Humanities
- The Palliative Care, Architecture and Design Symposium (PADS) 2020
Further information will be made available here when registrations are open.
Investigating Companies Summer School 2020
Learn how to investigate a company with Corporate Watch and the University of Liverpool.
29th June - 2nd July
VENUE: Lift (45 White Lion St, The Angel, London N1 9PW)
Corporations wield a huge amount of power over our lives. But we’re not taught how to find out how they work, who’s behind them or how to follow the money.
After last year’s sell out, we are running this course again for campaigners, trade unionists and researchers. Hear from last year’s participants.
The 4-day course will give you the tools and understanding you need to expose and challenge corporate power and corporate corruption.
- identify key sources of information and data on corporations
- identify the people behind a company
- dissect company accounts
- track where the money goes
- develop your investigation and research skills
- think strategically about how you can challenge corporate abuse
Larger organisations: £500
Individual/smaller organisations: £300
Discounts available for organisations booking multiple tickets.