Overview on the Professional Interests
My research interest is focused on nuclear systems and core physics for nuclear reactor operation design, analysis, and safety.
My specific topics of interest are:
• Reactor physics, transient, and safety considerations for advanced reactor concepts, especially high temperature reactors, liquid metal cooled fast reactors and molten salt reactors.
• Safety of nuclear reactors of the future generations
• Nuclear waste management strategies with special focus on transmutation of transuranium elements as an alternative to direct final disposal of nuclear
• Due to this specialization, I was a leading member of a feasibility study on the opportunities of Partitioning & Transmutation (P&T) to support a political decision about the future funding of the P&T research in Germany.
• Development of modern calculation methods for current LWR for reactor physics and reactor safety.
• Strategic development of nuclear research and technology including strategic planning, implementation, coordination, and international representation.
• International contacts to the International Atomic Energy Agency. I have been member of the IAEA Technical Working group of Fast Reactors