• EPSRC eFutures Evaluation Focus Group Member, January – June 2017, London, UK - the purpose of identifying the impacts of the activities of eFutures in supporting electronics research in the UK.
• Member of the EPSRC Peer Review College, since October 2016.
• Local Organising Committee Member for the 3rd International Conference on Nanotechnology, Nanomaterials & Thin Films for Energy Applications, NANOENERGY’2016, held on 27-29 July 2016, University of Liverpool, UK. (http://www.nanoenergy.co.uk)
• European SINANO (Si-based nanostructures and nanodevices) Institute Member, General Assembly, 26 January 2016, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria.
• Invited Co-Chair for the ‘III-V/High-k Interface’ session at ‘Dielectrics for Nanosystems 6: Materials Science, Processing, Reliability, and Manufacturing’ symposium, 225th Electrochemical Society Meeting (ECS), 11-15 May 2014, Orlando, Florida, USA
• eFUTUREs Steering Group Member – in charge of organizing two Early Career Researcher Workshops: “Electronics Forum: The next steps for Early Career Researchers”, on 25-26 Nov 2014, Nortumberland, UK and on 31 August - 1 September 2017, Clare College, Cambridge, UK.
• Awards Committee Member, IEEE PRIME 2015, 11th Conference on PhD Research in Microelectronics and Electronics, 29 June – 2 July 2015, University of Glasgow, UK.
- Invited talk, by Invitation (The Electrochemical Society, Florida, USA, 2014)
- Invited talk, by Invitation (Joint Semiconductor Equipment and Materials Initiative (JEMI) UK technical meeting, 2011)
- Invited talk, Diagnostics and Yield Symposium, Poland, by Invitation (Warsaw, Poland, 2009)
- Invited talk, NANOSIL, France, by Invitation (Grenoble, France, 2009)
- Invited talk, PULLNANO, France, by Invitation (Toulouse, France, 2008)
- University of Newcastle, PhD (2012)
Professional Body Memberships
- The Electrochemical Society (Member, 2014 - 2017)
- eFUTURES (Member, 2012 - present)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (Member, CEng (2014), 2004 - present)
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (Member, Senior Member (2014), 2001 - 2015)
Other Administrative or Committee Roles
- Departmental Director for Postgraduate Research
- Inter-department Liaison Officer with Mathematical Sciences and School of Engineering
- Programme Director for Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Deputy Examination Officer
- Assistance with Year 1 and Year 2 undergraduate Lab modules