Withdrawing from the University

Voluntary withdrawal

Occasionally circumstances are such that you may wish to withdraw from your programme. Before you take this decision, you are strongly advised to discuss withdrawing with your supervisor(s) or School/Institute/Department Director of Postgraduate Research. There are also a number of support services within the University who can provide advice and support:

To formally withdraw from the University you must complete the Withdrawal Form and ask your supervisor to sign. Your School/Institute/Department should then forward the form to the LDC Student Experience Team for the withdrawal to be processed. If you fail to notify the University of your withdrawal you will continue to accrue fees.

Termination of studies

If your School/Institute/Department deem your progress as unsatisfactory the termination of studies procedure may be invoked leading to you being withdrawn from your degree.

Deemed withdrawn

It is your responsibility to:

  • Complete your APR on time
  • Engage with your programme
  • Submit your thesis and revisions on time

Failure to meet any of these responsibilities may result in deemed withdrawn procedures being invoked.

Withdrawal, voluntary or otherwise, will not eliminate any debt that you may have to the University.