Submission and Examination
Submission of your softbound thesis is an important step towards completing your research degree. These pages provide information on how and when you must submit your thesis. It is important to note the difference between first submission and final submission and what actions are required of you at these stages and inbetween.
The viva examination is the culmination of your research programme. You will be asked to defend your thesis by an internal and an external examiner (two externals if you are a staff member) and they will decide if you should be recommended for the award of your degree.
PGR Graduation Deadlines
July 2019 Graduation:
In order to be awarded in time for July 2019 graduation the PGR Student Administration Team must have received the following no later than Friday 21st June 2019:
1. A full set of completed and signed paperwork from all Examiners recommending an award:-
- Internal Examiners Initial Report
- External Examiners Initial Report
- Final Report
- Minor Modifications (if needed)
2. Confirmation from the library that the final thesis has been uploaded successfully