School of Physical Sciences Post-doctoral Development Award 2021
The awards are open to every postdoctoral researcher working within the school, for a maximum of £2,500 per applicant (total award fund per year £5,000). Ideally, candidates should have at least 6-months remaining on their contract at the time of application.
Call for applications: Closing date 17:00 Friday 30th April 2021
Latest Notification date: Friday 21st May 2021
The following areas may be covered by the award (note that this is not an exhaustive list and the award is open to any development opportunity):
- Pilot project to gain preliminary data to write a grant or fellowship (this may include a visit to a collaborators research group or access to facilities)
- Qualification/Certification (e.g. project management course or certification needed to gain a position in industry)
- Training in business/setting up start-up enterprises
- Work experience in a field outside of academia (travel/living expenses while short internships in industry, NHS, science communication companies etc.)
- Visiting another research group to learn a technique to apply in their research
- Attendance of conferences and workshops, including online (to present a poster or give a talk where no other funds are available)
- Organisation of a small conference or a workshop in Liverpool (not for external use).