The Centre for Global Vaccine Research is an interdisciplinary research initiative based within the Institute of Infection and Global Health, reaching across the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences and partners around the world.
The aim of the centre is to optimise the global use of vaccines and reduce the global burden of vaccine-preventable infections. We will achieve this through intergrating world-leading multidisciplinary research and training in laboratory science, clinical trials and epidemiology.
We strive to;
- Develop and evaluate novel vaccines against major global causes of illness and death
- Better understand and improve the performance of existing vaccines
- Generate evidence to inform vaccine policy nationally and internationally
- Share pre-clinical expertise amongst human and veterinary vaccinologists
- Train and educate a new generation of vaccine scientists