Summer Research Programme
Summer research students can apply to projects in subject areas across the university. They will spend between 4 and 12 weeks assisting one of our researchers in their work.
Why choose Summer Research?
- All Summer Research projects are worth 15 Liverpool credits
- You will receive a transcript at the end of the programme with the grade and credits for the research module, which may be eligible for credit transfer to your home university.
- Gain valuable research experience working alongside University of Liverpool academics.
- Option of staying in University accommodation
- You will have the full support of their academic supervisor and the Global Opportunities Team in Liverpool.
- Option of participating in various cultural activities to help you integrate into life in Liverpool during your stay.
- Full access to all university facilities including the fitness centre, libraries, and the Guild of Students.
The Summer Research Programme is open to any students who meet our admission criteria. Students from certain partner universities may be eligible to attend as an exchange student with a tuition-free place, please contact your home university’s study abroad office to see if this applies to you.
Find out more about the projects available for Summer 2023 and the academics who will be supervising the projects,
Fees & Dates
Find out more about the fees and dates involved in the programme.
How do I apply?
Applications are open now! Find out more about how you can submit your application.
To ensure that you have a successful academic experience, we do have some important entry requirements.
The University Halls of Accommodation are a safe and fun way to spend your time in Liverpool. Our Summer Research students have the option of living on-campus.
Life in Liverpool
The University is located in the heart of one of the UK's most exciting cities that ensures you will have a fantastic experience in addition to your academic studies.