The University Halls of Accommodation are a safe and fun way to spend your time in Liverpool.
In the Study Abroad Village you will live with other international students as well as University of Liverpool home students who will study abroad this year or have just returned.
You can take a virtual tour of the University halls by using our Virtual Open Day tool.
- If you are staying for the full academic year, you are guaranteed a place in a University of Liverpool Halls of Residence. If you wish to take up your place, apply via Liverpool Life once you have received your offer letter.
- If you are staying for Semester 1 only, you can apply for one of the rooms available in the Study Abroad Village (Tudor Close & Melville Grove). You can apply for a room once you have received your offer letter. Rooms will be randomly allocated by a lottery system.
- If you are staying for Semester 2 only, you are highly likely to secure a place in on-campus University accommodation. Where possible you will be placed in the Study Abroad Village. If you wish to take up your place, apply via Liverpool Life once you have received your offer letter.
How do I apply for accommodation?
After you receive your offer letter, you will be able to apply for University Accommodation via the Accommodation Portal, accessed through your Liverpool Life account.
You will need your University of Liverpool PIN to login to Liverpool Life; this is sent to you centrally from the University via email.
After receiving an Accommodation offer you must accept or decline within 7 days.
- If you have other arrangements please decline the accommodation offer.
- Consult with the Accommodation team to find out when you can check in. If arriving before check in, you may need to book overnight accommodation elsewhere.
Private Sector Accommodation
Some students choose to arrange their own accommodation in Liverpool. The University is not able to recommend individual agencies.
You should ensure that your accommodation is:
- Registered with Liverpool Student Homes or
- Registered withthe Liverpool City Council scheme CLASS.
Make sure to read all documentation carefully before agreeing to your contract and we recommend viewing a potential room before you sign.