The University of Liverpool welcomes hundreds of students every year on Study Abroad. To ensure that you have a successful academic experience, we do have some important entry requirements.
All non-native English speaking students must be able to show that they have suitable command of the English language. Please check our English Language Requirements at the end of this page before applying.
Students from exchange partners
- You must be from a university where we have an exchange partnership.
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent) or above.
- You can be in any year of study. Note that we strongly discourage students from coming to Liverpool in their final year, unless they come for Semester One only.
Visiting Study Abroad Students
- You must have a GPA (or equivalent) of 3.0 or above.
- You can be in any year of study. Please note however that we strongly discourage students from coming to Liverpool in their final year, unless they come for semester one only.
- You must be able to cover living costs and the Study Abroad tuition fee. See Fees & Dates for more information.
English Language Requirements
All non-native English speaking students must be able to show that they have suitable command of the English language. For a full list of acceptable English qualifications, including country-specific qualifications, see the University of Liverpool's English Language entry requirements page for international students.
Students studying at the University of Liverpool for less than 6 months may submit our English Qualification Form as proof of their level of English, and can upload this completed form to their application in lieu of a formal qualification. We can only accept our English Qualification Form, please do not upload a version from your home university.
Students who are not native English-speakers but are studying at exchange partners in the Australia, New Zealand or USA and have completed a full year of studies at the partner university at the time of application may, in lieu of a formal qualification, provide a satisfactory signed reference on official university letter headed paper from their Home University which comments on the ability of the student across the 4 components of English Language.
Students who are nationals from a majority English-speaking country (as defined by the UKVI) are automatically assumed to meet minimum English language requirements. These countries are:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States of America
Please note: All tests must have been taken within 2 years of your planned start date.