Dr Zhongbei Tian is a Lecturer in Electrical Energy Systems at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, the University of Liverpool. He is also an Honorary Researcher at the Birmingham Centre for Railway Research and Education (BCRRE), the University of Birmingham.
Dr Zhongbei Tian’s research interests include railway traction power system modelling and analysis, energy-efficient train control, energy system optimisation, and sustainable transport energy systems integration and management. He has been working on a number of projects funded by EPSRC, Royal Society, Horizon 2020, Network Rail, RSSB, and Innovate UK. His research has been implemented in projects across the world, including Network Rail, Edinburgh Tram in the UK, Madrid Metro in Spain, SMRT in Singapore, Beijing and Guangzhou Metro in China.
• PhD in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, the University of Birmingham, UK
• BEng (1st Hons) in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, the University of Birmingham, UK
• BEng in Electrical Engineering and Automation, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
• Lecturer in Electrical Energy Systems, the University of Liverpool, UK, 2020 – Present
• Research Fellow in Railway Power Systems, the University of Birmingham, UK, 2017 – 2020