Dmitry received his Ph.D. in Chemistry in 2002. He worked as an assistant researcher in Ecole Centrale de Lyon, Lyon, France (2001), associate researcher at the Institute of Micromanufacturing, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, USA (2003-2004) and associate researcher at the Department of Interfaces, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Golm, Germany (2002, 2004-2005). Later he was appointed as a Group Leader at the Department of Interfaces, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces (2006-2012). His main scientific interests concern hollow nanocontainers, active nanoenvironment and interfacial sonochemistry. He is author of more than 210 research papers (including 19 review articles and 13 book chapters) and has 8 patents on encapsulation technology.
Since 2012, he is Professor of Chemistry at Stephenson Institute for Renewable Energy, University of Liverpool.
Awards and Prizes:
- 2015 ERC Consolidator Award.
- 2014 Brian Mercer Feasibility Award from RSC.
- 2010 ForMat Prize of German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- 2007 NanoFutur Prize of German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- 2005/2007 Stipend of the EU Marie Curie Program (Incoming Marie-Curie Fellowship).
- 2004 Stipend of the Alexander-von-Humboldt Foundation.
- 2002 Prize of the Swiss Research Foundation.
- 2001/2002 Stipend of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- 2001 INTAS Young Scientist Prize.
- 1999 Research Grant of the Belarusian State University.
- 1998 Stipend of the President of Belarus.
- 1998 Research Grant of the Belarusian State University.
- 1997 Stipend of Belarusian Government.
- 1997 Prize of the Belarusian Ministry of Education.
- 1997 Prize of the Belarusian National Academy of Science.
- 1996 Prize of the Belarusian Ministry of Education.
Stephenson Institute for Renewable Energy
The University of Liverpool
Chadwick Building, Peach Street
L69 7ZF, Liverpool, UK