Canvas has a wide array of features and integrated tools that can be used to flexibly deliver rich and innovative Hybrid Active Learning experiences. CIE has collated a range of 'recipes' to help guide you as to which features you may consider using when developing your approach. All staff at the University are enrolled and have access to this Canvas course: Hybrid Active Learning Support.
The direct login link to Canvas is: http://liverpool.instructure.com (Buttons also appear within the Student and Staff Intranet).
If prompted to log in, enter your username in the format email@example.com e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and then your MWS password (both for staff or students).
Where to get help? and Getting Started with Canvas
Use the links below based upon your needs:
- A 'Personal Test Course' is made available to all staff for the purposes of experimentation and learning to use Canvas (find it in your ‘courses’ list in Canvas).
- For technical support, please contact the 'Tier 1' support helpdesk through the ‘?’ Button inside the Canvas environment. For log in issues, please contact email@example.com.
- New to Canvas or looking to expand your knowledge?
- University self-paced training materials are available from the Canvas Help for Staff (Canvas site), and Growing with Canvas (Canvas site).
- Canvas at Liverpool introductory and advanced webinars are organised and advertised here: Canvas at Liverpool Training and Events (University Staff)
- The Centre for Innovation in Education regularly hold Canvas ‘Bootcamps’ and course development ‘Retreats’ through Canvas Connect, which are hands-on and social ways to learn Canvas and develop course materials. Dates for the next Canvas Bootcamp will be advertised on the CIE Workshops and Events page.
- In addition, a wealth of guides are available on the Instructure Community website.
- Students have access to Canvas Help for Students (Canvas site) and this forms part of their induction into the University.
Back to: Centre for Innovation in Education