Dr Susan Bolt (PFHEA, FHERDSA)
Head of Academic Development
Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Education (by Research), Bachelor of Education, Graduate Certificate Commercialisation of Research, Royal Society of Arts Diploma in Teaching English as a Second Language in Further and Community Education (RSA Dip TESL FACE), Diploma of Teaching.
As Head of Academic Development, I have leadership and oversight of Academic Development team, the delivery and quality assurance of its accredited and credit-bearing programmes and development activities across all locations. I am a member of the Academy Management Team, Chair of the Academy’s Quality Assurance Boards, Director of Studies for (Liverpool Online) PGCAP and an MA Academic Practice PGR Supervisor.
Key Contact for:
- Academic Development Provision
- Quality Assurance of Academic Development Programmes
- Liverpool Online PGCAP
Recent publications, awards, recognition
- 2021 - Global Academic Development Good Practice Award Finalist University of Liverpool Integrated Approach to Developing Teaching and Scholarship (Team Award)
- 2018 - Australasian Academic Development Good Practice Award with Distinction Contemporary Approaches to University Teaching (Fellowship Team Award)
- Fraser, K., Ryan, Y., Bolt, S., Copeman, P., Cottman, C., Fisher, M.B., Fleming, J., & Luzeckyj, A. (2019). Contemporary induction to teaching in Australian universities. International Journal for Academic Development, https://doi.org/10.1080/1360144X.2019.1612751
- Barnard, A., Nash, R., McEvoy, K., Shannon, S., Rochester, S., Waters, C., & Bolt, S. (2014). Developing a culture of peer review of teaching: Toward an integrated model. Higher Education Research and Development. DOI: 10.1080/07294360.2014.935931
- External Examiner University of Lancaster
- University of Keele Excellence Awards Panel member
- Heads of Educational Development (Network Member)
- Advance HE Leaders of Accredited Programmes (Network Member).