Judith Schoch (SFHEA, FSET)
Senior Academic Developer
Master of Arts (Professional Development), Bachelor of Education, Certificate in Education, Associate Business
As Lead for Formal Taught Programmes, I work in collaboration with colleagues from across the Academy, the wider institution and beyond to enhance the development of excellence in learning and teaching in line with the University’s strategic objectives. I am the Director of Studies for The Academy’s on-campus Level 7 Academic Practice series of programmes, lead on peer observation of teaching, and supervise MA AP PGR students.
Key Contact for:
- PGCAP Programme
- ADEV700 Developing Academic Practice
- PGDAP Programme
- ADEV720 Developing Academic Leadership
- MA AP Programme
- Peer observation of teaching
- Mentoring in taught programmes.
Recent publications, awards, recognition
- 2021 - Global Academic Development Good Practice Award Finalist University of Liverpool Integrated Approach to Developing Teaching and Scholarship (Team Award)
- Schoch, J. (2018) Enriching Practice Through Teaching, Practice-Informed Learning, The Rise of the Dual Professional, Guild HE
- Schoch, J. & Iredale, A. (2018), Coaching and Mentoring, Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Open University Press
- Schoch, J. & Daly, J. (2017), What Mentors Want, Swiss Education Group, Volume 2, pp7-13
- External Examiner for PgCertHE at the University of West Scotland
- Reviewer for QTLS professional status with the Society of Education
- Fellow of the Education and Training Foundation.