ULMS Accounting and Finance PhD Funding Call: October 2023 entry
- Supervisors: Management School supervisor list
Reference number: PHD-GTF-ULMS-2023
ULMS PhD Accounting and Finance Funding Call: October 2023 entry
Closing date: 12:00 UK time, 28 April 2023
4-year Graduate Teaching Fellowships (GTFs) in Accounting and Finance
The University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) is inviting applications from national and international prospective Accounting and Finance PhD candidates, with an outstanding academic achievement and research potential, for a number of 4-year GTF Studentships starting in the 2023/24 academic year.
Find out more about our Accounting and Finance PhD programme
These studentships provide an excellent opportunity to pursue your PhD studies at one of UK’s leading and internationally recognised research institutions, with outstanding REF 2021 results against 108 ranked Business and Management Schools across the country:
- 12th for submissions judged as World Leading (4*) or Internationally Excellent (3*)
- 16th for research outputs classified as World Leading (4*)
- 9th place for Research Power (17 places higher than in 2014)
- 100% of research supported by a World Leading (4*) or Internationally Excellent (3*) environment
A GTF Studentship will allow you launch your academic career through substantial financial support for your doctoral programme, while you receive intensive training and mentoring in research and teaching to become a rounded academic.
GTF Studentships are an ideal PhD funding option if you are a high performing applicant who holds a Master’s degree (preferably a Distinction grade) related to the School’s Accounting and Finance subject area.
As an Accounting and Finance PhD GTF you will receive:
- Maintenance grant
- Fee waiver on programme cost at Home rate
- Top up payment on programme cost at International rate (based on availability), only for overseas students
- Further access to student support funds in line with the wider doctoral training provision at ULMS
Training and requirements
In year one of the programme, you will be required to demonstrate progress in developing your research skills, by completing relevant covering different research philosophies and methods.
You will also complete a teacher training programme by the University of Liverpool, primarily through shadowing and mentored classroom involvement.
During the remaining three years, you will be required to teach alongside completing your doctoral research thesis.
How to Apply
Apply online for your Management PhD GTF Studentship by completing all sections of the University Postgraduate Study Application Form before 28 April 2023 at 12:00 UK time.
Once you start your application, please:
- Select the ‘Management Studies’ option as your programme of study
- In the ‘Finance’ section, select funding source ‘Sponsor’ and insert ‘PHD-GTF-ULMS-2023 studentship’ in the box below
- Also include ‘PHD-GTF-ULMS-2023 studentship’ as the first line of your ‘Personal Statement’
Please, visit the Accounting and Finance PhD programme page for more information on how to complete your applications and the additional documentation you must submit.
Please click here to find out more information on the Accounting and Finance PhD:
- Research themes
- Entry requirements
- Application process and how to complete your research proposal
We also recommend to visit the Management School’s Accounting and Finance subject group and staff profiles to identify fit with the topic you are planning to study, and contact potential supervisors before the deadline to find out if you can collaborate.
If you would like to discuss the studentships further, please contact Professor Massimo Guidolin (Massimo.Guidolin@liverpool.ac.uk).
Informal enquiries can also be directed to the ULMS Research Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Open to students worldwide