My student ID card

This page provides information about your student ID card, how you will receive it and how to order a replacement card.

Your student ID card identifies you as a student of the University of Liverpool. It will provide you will access to University facilities such as the University libraries and the Sports Centre.

New students receiving your ID card

Your digital student ID card

Once academically registered, all students will be able to access their digital student ID card from the My Liverpool app. This digital card can be used for identification around campus and in the city region. Please note that it cannot be used to access examinations, you must use your physical student ID card or other form of formal identification such as a driving licence or passport. 

 Your physical student ID card 

You will need to upload your photo before the start of your on-campus programme, using the registration task, in order to obtain your physical student ID card. Further details are below and you will be able to collect your card from the Alsop Building between 10am-2pm, 3 working days after you have completed this process.

International students 

You will be able to collect your physical student ID card from the Alsop Building between 10am-2pm. You will receive an email before the start of your programme providing you with booking information in order to arrange an appointment to collect your student ID card and provide your immigration documents. 


Using your card

Please have your student ID card with you at all times while on campus; you may be asked to produce it to obtain various services or to establish your right to be in certain places. Some departments have local rules that student ID cards must be displayed in certain areas.

Do not lose your card or lend it to others.

Your card is valid for the entire duration of your studies. It remains the property of the University of Liverpool at all times.


Replacement cards

If your student ID card no longer works you need to contact us at our Student Administration Helpdesk.

Please destroy your previous student ID card or post it back to the Foundation Building, Brownlow Hill, L69 7ZX. 

Lost or stolen cards

If your card has been reported to the Police as stolen, please request a replacement using the request form located at our Student Administration Helpdesk.

Your card will be produced free of charge.

Lost student ID cards (and stolen cards without Police Crime Report paperwork) should be requested using the online payment service.

A fee of £5.00 is charged for the production of a replacement for a lost card.


Back to: Student Administration