Updating my personal information

This page contains information on how to update your personal information in Liverpool Life.

Change of name

It is not possible to update your name in Liverpool Life.

If you want to make a change to your name, please submit the request form found at the Student Administration helpdesk. You will need to provide official documentation such as your passport, deed poll, or marriage certificate.

Updating your contact details

It is important to keep your contact details up to date. This can be done using Liverpool Life.

  • Login to Liverpool Life
  • In the Personal Information box, select View/update address(es) and phone(s) from the drop-down menu
  • Click submit
  • The next screen displays your personal details
  • To update your details, click on the red link under each section eg Update the address
  • Follow the instructions on the screen to update your details.

For students in University halls of residence

If you are living in University halls of residence (not residences offered by the private sector), your term time address will be automatically entered by the University's Accommodation Office. Please note that this address may only be visible from the start of term.

All other accommodation

If you are staying in private halls of residence, have arranged your own accommodation, or are staying at your permanent address during the term, you must check or enter the details in the term time address section.

If you are living at the same address throughout the year (ie if your permanent and term time address is the same), it is important that you enter the address in both sections.

Updating your trusted contact 

As part of our approach to support your safety and wellbeing, we require all our students to nominate and provide the University with details of at least one trusted contact as part of the annual registration process. We ask you to provide this information so that it is available in the unlikely event that a situation arises where we consider your health, wellbeing, or welfare to be at risk. For further information please click here 

Check or change your trusted contact

  • Login to Liverpool Life
  • On the Personal details section, use the drop-down menu to select View/update emergency contact information
  • Click the Click here to add a new trusted contact link to add your trusted contact details.

Other links are provided on the right-hand side of the page to enable you to change the order of your trusted contacts or to update or delete a contact.

Changes to other information

If there is an error with your personal information such as your date of birth or gender you will need to contact the Student Administration Office and, if needed, submit the relevant documentation such as a passport so that we can amend your personal record.

Back to: Student Administration