Longitudinal studies of crime and sentencing; how individual and structural factors can affect desistence from crime; comparative international studies of offending and sentencing; court culture and practice; the history of Liverpool; and convicts in America and Australia.
Research Group Membership
- Victims' access to justice through English criminal courts, 1675 to the present
- ‘Dark tourism’ in comparative perspective: sites of suffering, sites of memory
- The costs of imprisonment: A longitudinal study
- After Care: Youth Justice and its long term impacts, 1850-1945
- Cornstalks and new chums: crime and nutritional status in settler Australia
- The Digital Panopticon: The Global Impact of London Punishment, 1780-1925