Latest surveilance report: Small animal disease surveillance 2020/21: SARS‐CoV‐2, syndromic surveillance and an outbreak of acute vomiting in UK dogs
Our latest surveillance report has been published in the Veterinary Record, and the full paper is available open access. This is the first surveillance report using SAVSNET data to collate key companion animal health surveillance findings since the start of the SARS‐CoV‐2 pandemic.
- Fluctuating consultation volumes reflect the patterns of Covid‐19 lockdowns and easing of restrictions across the devolved nations of the UK.
- Overview of SARS‐CoV‐2 infection in pet animals: what do we know so far?
- Veterinary diagnostic laboratory data suggest a role for seasonal factors in canine leptospirosis epidemiology.
- SAVSNET data highlight acute vomiting outbreak in dogs in January 2020.
- Other notable companion animal disease events: seasonal canine illness, rabbit haemorrhagic disease and canine distemper virus.
Access the full paper here (open access)