Xylitol - a danger to dogs

Published on

Unwell Vizsla in intensive care bed

A recent, well-publicised case of Ruby, a seven-year-old Hungarian vizsla, who died after eating two homemade chocolate brownies containing xylitol, raises concerns that some owners and veterinary surgeons are not aware of the risks xylitol poses to dogs.

The Vet Record has published a letter from SAVSNET and Animal PoisonLine to raise awareness of xylitol toxicity in dogs.

Please share to spread this important message and help protect dogs.

Vets and nurses can contact Animal PoisonLine to request of their poster to display in practice.