The Orthopaedics Service at the hospital is world-renowned and offers both medical and surgical management of disorders of the skeletal system (bones and joints). The orthopaedic team is at the forefront of research and development in this field and works closely alongside the imaging, rehabilitation and pain management services.
Surgery is offered for a wide range of orthopaedic problems including:
- Surgery of the knee, including key-hole diagnosis and surgery for cruciate ligament disease, as well as the fusion TTA and TPLO. We are one of only a few clinics in the UK that are fully accredited to offer total knee joint replacement for patients with intractable pain and lameness.
- Surgery of the hip joint, for both dogs and cats, including hip replacements for patients up to 85 kgs in weight.
- Surgery of the elbow joint, including total elbow replacement.
- Simple and complex fracture repair, using advanced techniques and instrumentation such as external skeletal fixation and interlocking nailing procedures.
- Growth deformity correction in young dogs for curvatures and lengthening of shortened limbs.
To refer to this service please visit our Vet Referral page.