Liverpool academics among world’s most highly cited researchers
Seven academics from the University of Liverpool have been named in a prestigious annual list of ‘highly cited’ researchers.
The Highly Cited Researchers 2023 list, from Clarivate, recognises 6,849 researchers from 67 countries who have demonstrated significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade.
Each researcher selected has authored multiple highly cited research papers which rank in the top 1% by citations for their field(s) and publication year in the Web of Science over the past decade.
A preliminary list based on citation activity is then refined using qualitative analysis and expert judgement.
The Liverpool researchers featured on this year’s list are:
- Professor Kate Bennett, Department of Psychology
- Professor Tsan-Ming (Jason) Choi, Chair in Operations and Supply Chain Management in the Management School
- Professor Andy Cooper, Professor of Chemistry and Academic Director of the Materials Innovation Factory
- Professor William Hope, Dame Sally Davies Chair of AMR Research in the Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- Dr Lin Jiang, Reader in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Professor Eric Robinson, Reader in the Department of Psychology
- Professor John Wilding, Professor of Medicine in the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
David Pendlebury, Head of Research Analysis at the Institute for Scientific Information at Clarivate said: “The Highly Cited Researchers list identifies and celebrates exceptional individual researchers at the University of Liverpool whose significant and broad influence in their fields translates to impact in their research community and innovations that make the world healthier, more sustainable and more secure. Their contributions resonate far beyond their individual achievements, strengthening the foundation of excellence and innovation in research.”