The Quantum Systems and advanced Accelerator Research (QUASAR) group is an internationally structured research group. We cover the development and experimental exploitation of particle accelerators and light sources.
Our present research activities include:
- Frontier Accelerators, such as the Large Hadron Collider at CERN and its upgrade programs;
- Novel Accelerators, including dielectric laser accelerators and particle-driven plasma wakefield accelerators;
- Accelerator applications with a focus on medical applications, laser applications and compact radiation sources;
- Beam instrumentation R&D;
- Beam dynamics studies to optimize particle accelerators and light sources.