The Quantum Systems and advanced Accelerator Research (QUASAR) Group is an internationally structured research group. We cover the development and experimental exploitation of particle accelerators and light sources.
Our present research activities include:
- Frontier Accelerators, such as the Large Hadron Collider at CERN and its upgrade programs;
- Novel Accelerators, including dielectric laser accelerators and particle-driven plasma wakefield accelerators;
- Accelerator applications with a focus on medical applications, laser applications and compact radiation sources;
- Beam instrumentation R&D;
- Beam dynamics studies to optimize particle accelerators and light sources.
The QUASAR Group is also coordinating the EuPRAXIA Doctoral Network (EuPRAXIA-DN) and the Centre for Doctoral Training for Innovation in Data Intensive Science (LIV.INNO). We are a partner in the EuPRAXIA Preparatory Phase (EuPRAXIA-PP), FCCIS and AWAKE projects.
Our wide-ranging outreach and public engagement activities take an imaginative approach to make the benefits of accelerator research fascinating and understandable.