Hannes Baumann's research informs debates among policy makers and the wider public. He was scientific advisor to a project on housing, land and property in contemporary Middle Eastern conflicts for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation. He has briefed diplomats from the UK and various European Union countries on Middle East politics. He has published opinion and analysis pieces on the Washington Post "Monkey Cage", The Conversation, Open Democracy, Jadaliyya and elsewhere.
- Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism (Features editor, 2009 - 2014)
Professional Body Memberships
- European International Studies Association (EISA) (Member, 2016 - present)
- BISA International Political Economy Group (IPEG) (Member, 2016 - present)
- British International Studies Association (BISA) (Member, 2016 - present)
- Middle East Studies Association of North America (MESA) (Member, 2016 - present)