A scholarship shall be awarded annually and competition therefore is very strong.
This prestigious Scholarship consists of the following funding and research support:
- Competitive annual maintenance stipend of £17,000 (or top-up to this level of maintenance if the candidate is in receipt of another source of funding)
- Full payment of tuition fees (Home, EU or Overseas)
- Free University accommodation of up to £4,635 pa or an allowance of the same amount for students wishing to live off campus
- Laptop or desktop computer of up to £1000 in value
- Support for conference expenses of up to £500 in years 2 & 3.
The scholarship is open for application to all prospective full-time postgraduate research students irrespective of nationality, tuition fee status or subject area.
It is expected that, where possible, all candidates for the Duncan Norman Research Scholarship should also have made an application to secure funding from alternate sources for a postgraduate studentship. If offered, the studentship must be accepted, and in such circumstances the Duncan Norman Research Scholarship would provide additional top up funding.
The holders of the scholarship must register for a PhD at the University of Liverpool and attend any events based in Liverpool that are organised by the Duncan Norman Charitable Trust.
Please note that prospective MRes, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, currently registered University of Liverpool MPhil/PhD students, off-site and those based at XJTLU are not eligible for application to this scholarship.
Prospective applicants must hold a formal offer of study for a PhD programme at the University of Liverpool and only students who already hold, or are likely to attain in forthcoming examinations, a first-class honours degree (or its equivalent) are likely to be considered by the University’s Scholarship Awarding Committee.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is Friday 5 April 2024.
Back to: Paying for your studies