Successful candidates will receive a fee reduction of £2,000.
The competition is open to all students who have applied for a relevant HLC programme by 3 July and commence study in the course in the first semester of 2023.
The HLC School comprises the following Departments:
- Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology
- Irish Studies
- Languages, Cultures and Film
To apply for the Postgraduate scholarships please provide:
- A CV.
- An updated copy of your academic transcripts (this is particularly important for candidates from outside the University of Liverpool).
- A paragraph of 200 words that explains
- your interest and experience in this subject area
- your reasons for choosing this particular programme
- your future aim or career plan
- how the programme of study enables you to achieve this
- why you should be considered for the Scholarship.
- Please also indicate if you are applying for any other bursary, award or scholarship offered by the University of Liverpool.
The award will be assessed on the basis of academic merit. Please note, with four scholarships available, only students who have achieved (or anticipate achieving) a First-Class undergraduate degree (or equivalent) are likely to be able to submit a competitive application.
For consideration, applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give the subject line of your e-mail as ‘HLC PGT scholarship application’.
Application deadline: TBD
Terms and conditions
These scholarships are intended to fund a student who does not yet possess a postgraduate qualification (MA/MRes/MSc, PhD or equivalent).
Students may not be in possession of any other bursary, award or scholarship awarded by the University of Liverpool. This excludes the Postgraduate Progression Award, which is an automatic fee reduction for students who have completed previous undergraduate study at the University of Liverpool and can be combined with this scholarship.
Back to: Paying for your studies