As the teaching lead for Paediatric Dentistry and the Head of Oral Health Unit, I am responsible for developing, organising the Paediatric Dentistry component of the BDS course as well as the overall BDS curriculum through working with the BDS director and the BDS management group. I am also a member of the clinical assessment panel and the exam board for 2nd ,3rd ,4th and final BDS.
I have been heavily involved in the design and delivery of the School new centennial curriculum started in September 2019.
During COVID -19 Pandemic, as a member of the school senior management team I was involved in the decision making and organisation of moving to online delivery, changes to assessment and clinical replacement activity. I am also part of the restart working group and involved in negotiation and organisation with our NHS partners to maximise students clinical experience
• I have developed a 3 years postgraduate Professional Doctorate programme in Paediatric Dentistry (DDSc) at the University of Liverpool with the first intake in September 2017
• I am co-pathway lead for DDSc Paediatric Dentistry
CPD development and delivery
Following are few examples of CPD programmes developed and delivered:
• Endodontics in Children and Young People, this is a nationally recognised two days hands on course run annually since 2010.
• Postgraduate education courses for the dental team (section 63) courses:
- “Update in Paediatric Dentistry” 2017, 2016 & 2015
- “Management of caries in the primary dentition: hands on course “May 2015 & November 2013
- “Dental Trauma Update” – July 2015 & May 2014
• Continuous professional development courses for the dental team:
- Course of conscious sedation for dental nurses 2010 and 2011. Inhalation sedation: Theory & Practice. Liverpool University Dental Hospital.
- Sedation update for dentists and dental nurses.