• J.Picton, Construction of the General Charitable Intention in Gifts by Will, Modern Studies in Property Law PGR Conference (University of Southampton, 21st – 23rd March 2012).
• J.Picton & G. Yilmaz, Donor Utility and Gifts to Closed Charitable Institutions, Voluntary Sector Studies Network - National Council of Voluntary Organisations Conference (University of Birmingham, 10th – 11th September 2012).
• J.Picton, Charitable Trusts: A Form of Inequality, Critical Legal Conference (University of Sussex, 4th- 6th September 2014).
• J.Picton, Cy-près and Welfare Distribution, Society Legal Studies Conference (University of Nottingham, 9 – 12th September 2014).
• J.Picton, Cy-près on Shifting Sands, ARNOVA (Chicago, 19th – 21st September 2015).
• J.Picton, Failed Appeals and Warm Glow Donation, Modern Studies in Property Law Conference (Queen’s University Belfast, 5th – 6th April 2016).
• J.Picton & B. Crumley, Altering Organisational Purposes: Community Challenges to Charity Commission Decisions, Voluntary Sector Studies Network - National Council of Voluntary Organisations Conference (Nottingham Trent, 8th – 9th September 2016).
• J.Picton, Donor Motivation and the Failure of Gifts, ARNOVA (Grand Rapids, 17th – 19th November 2017).
• J.Picton, A Decision Analysis of Gifts to At-Risk Charitable Organisations, Modern Studies in Property Law Workshop (Queen’s College Cambridge, April 2017)
• J.Picton, ‘The Charitable Donor’s Bargain’, SLSA (Bristol, 27th – 29th March 2018).
• J.Picton, Donor Motivation and its Legal Impact, Charity Law and Policy Unit Public Seminar, (University of Liverpool in London, 15th February 2017).
• J.Picton, Childhood Revisited: Childhood Memories and Philanthropy, Being Human Festival (Williamson Art Gallery & Museum, 22nd November 2017).
• J.Picton & J.Tribe, Lessons for the Realm of Charities from the Directors’ Disqualification Regime, Charity Law and Policy Unit Public Seminar (University of Liverpool in London, 17th May 2018).
Professional Body Memberships
- ARNOVA (Member, 2015 - present)
- Charity Law Association (Member, 2015 - present)
- Voluntary Sector Studies Network (Member, 2010 - present)
Other Administrative or Committee Roles
- Director of Undergraduate Recruitment (2015 - 2017)
- Deputy Director of Undergraduate Recruitment (2014-2015)
- Warden at Crown Place Student Accommodation (2014 - 2016)