The University has a number of Chaplains and Associate Chaplains who provide pastoral and faith support to staff and students. Details of official Chaplains is listed below:
Faith Facilities at the University of Liverpool
A number of facilities are available to staff and students of the University of Liverpool including:
- Muslim Prayer Room
- Catholic Chaplaincy facilities
Further details about each of these facilities, and additional facilities within the city can be found below.
The Anglican Chaplaincy currently does not have a designated location.
The Catholic Chaplaincy is based at St Phillip Neri Church, 30 Catherine Street, L8 7NL . 10 minute walk from University Square.
Muslim Prayer Room
The University Muslim Prayer Room is a purpose-built facility to meet the needs of our Muslim Community with wudhu, storage and prayer room facilities. It is located on the lower ground floor of the Sydney Jones Library. This facility is open to all students and staff of the University of Liverpool, however, you must have a valid University or Library ID card to enter. All uses of the Muslim Prayer Room must abide by the Muslim Prayer Room Usage Guidelines.
Friday Prayers: Friday Prayers are currently organised by the Islamic Society. Please contact ISOC for details on the times of the Friday Prayer, or if you have any comments or complaints.
Opening Times: The Muslim Prayer Room is open according to the Sydney Jones Library Opening Hours. Please visit the Library website for up to date information.
Muslim Prayer Room Management: If you have any questions about the prayer room please contact Zane Abdo (see above).
Other faith facilities near campus
The following is a list of faith facilities close to the University campus. This list should not be read as an endorsement of these organisations and is just provided for information:
- Liverpool Old Hebew Congregation Synagogue, Princess Road, L8 1TG. 16 minute walk from University Square.
- Liverpoofaith Al-Rahma Mosque 29-31 Hatherley Street, Liverpool, L8 2TJ. 19 minute walk from University Square.
- Liverpool Mosque and Islamic Institute 8 Cramond Avenue, Liverpool, L18 1EQ. Not within walking distance.
- The Greek Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, 3 Berkley Street, L8 1XB. 16 minute walk from University Square.
- Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, St James' Mount, L1 7AZ. 18 minutes walk from University Square.
- Liverpool Metropolitan (Catholic) Cathedral, Mount Pleasant, L3 5TQ. 3 minutes walk from University Square.
- St James in the City, Upper Parliament Street, L8 1UR, 20 minutes walk from University Square
- Hindu Cultural Organisation, 253 Edge Lane, L7 2PH. 20 minute walk from University Square.
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara, 16 Wellington Avenue, L15 0EJ. Not within walking distance.
- Allerton Synagogue, Malcolm Malits Court, 207 Mather Avenue, Liverpool, L18 9UB. Not within walking distance.