Professor Mark Senior
- Professor in Equine Anaesthesia
- BVSc PhD SFHEA CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS
- 0151 795 6052
Mark is a European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia and is an RCVS recognised specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia.
Mark graduated from the University of Liverpool in 1997 and then spent 2 years working in mixed practice. He returned to the University of Liverpool to complete a Residency in Equine Anaesthesia and Cardiology between 1999-2002 and was then appointed Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia in 2004. He holds the RCVS Certificate in Veterinary Anaesthesia and is a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Anaesthetists. Mark was also awarded a PhD for his thesis ‘Complement and Endotoxin in Equine Colic’ in 2009.
Mark is a member of the editorial consultant board for the 'Equine Veterinary Journal'. Mark is head of the equine anaesthesia service in the equine hospital and is also Hospital Director.
Mark has two horses and a pony at home on his smallholding in North Wales.
- Equine anaesthesia.
- Equine pain management
- Equine critical care.
- Mark teaches in all years of the BVSc course and is the Undergraduate Programme Director for the BVSc course.
- Mark is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Peri-operative mortality and morbidity.
- Innate immunity.
- Mechanisms of pain in animals.