Dr. Mark Senior
- Senior Lecturer in Equine Anaesthesia
- BVSc PhD SFHEA CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS
- 0151 794 6041
Mark is a European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia and is an RCVS recognised specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia.
Mark graduated from the University of Liverpool in 1997 and then spent 2 years working in mixed practice. He returned to the University of Liverpool to complete a Residency in Equine Anaesthesia and Cardiology between 1999-2002 and was then appointed Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia in 2002. He holds the RCVS Certificate in Veterinary Anaesthesia and is a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Anaesthetists. Mark was also awarded a PhD for his thesis ‘Complement and Endotoxin in Equine Colic’ in 2009.
Mark is an advisor to the Association of Racecourse Veterinary Surgeons and is involved in the teaching of ‘Safer Horse Rescues’ to regional groups of veterinary surgeons and fire-services. He runs a small farm and has 3 horses.
- Veterinary anaesthesia.
- Critical care.
- Undergraduate and post-graduate teaching of veterinary anaesthesia.
- One of the recipients of the Sir Alistair Pilkington Award for excellence and innovation in teaching - awarded by the University of Liverpool to the Veterinary Anaesthesia team in 2009.
- Peri-operative mortality and morbidity.
- Innate immunity.
- Mechanisms of pain in animals.