The school can help to point you in the direction of the fellowship that is best suited to your research area and background.
EPSRC Open fellowship call
- EPSRC open fellowship – UKRI
- Requires four years’ experience in a relevant field by the start of your fellowship
EPSRC postdoctoral fellowship
- EPSRC postdoctoral fellowship – UKRI
- Current focus on energy & mathematical sciences.
Leverhulme Early Career Fellowships (currently closed).
- Early Career Fellowships | The Leverhulme Trust
- 50% salary required from School – Please contact to discuss.
- Currently closed – anticipated to open early 2022.
RAEng Research Fellowship
- Research Fellowships - Royal Academy of Engineering (raeng.org.uk)
- Eligible to those awarded their PhD in the last four years.
- The submission deadline is yet to be confirmed but is likely to be late September 2021.
- Each institution is limited to a maximum of 4 applicants so demand management may be required: https://staff.liverpool.ac.uk/research/rpd/peer-review-college/engineering-fellowships/
- The internal timeline is as follows:
- Submit mandatory internal Expression of Interest: Monday 26 July 2021 16:00
- Notification of whether Demand Management will be used: by Monday 2 August 2021
- Submit Summary of Fellowship for Demand Management: 18 August 2021 16:00
- Demand Management outcomes notified: second week in September 2021
- For anyone wishing to apply, please make contact with your HOD as soon as possible.
EU Marie Curie Fellowships
- Individual Fellowships | Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (europa.eu)
- For experienced researchers (>4years experience after PhD).
- Closes 1 May 2021 – anticipate similar deadline for 2022 applications.
Royal Society Wolfson Visiting Fellowship 2021 (All countries)
- To host excellent international researchers for a flexible sabbatical visit period at UoL, to build and develop international collaborations. Eligible to apply for a Global Talent visa.
- Up to 12 months fulltime (min stay 3 months) or 2 years flexibly. £125,000 (£80,000 bursary, £10,000 research expenses). 8-11 awards per year.
- Subjects within Royal Society remit of natural and physical sciences (including biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, mathematics).
- Limit of one application per institution per round. An internal demand management process is operating. Three rounds per yearRound 2: 20 May 2021 internal expression of interest.
- Opens 19 May, closes 14 Jul, decision Oct 2021.