Provision of staff PCs
Computing Services manages the scheme to supply, support and maintain PCs for all eligible University staff at no direct charge to departments.
All members of staff who are core-funded University employees are eligible to receive a computer through the scheme.
The equipment runs the University Managed Windows Service, will be monitored and asset tagged and replaced when it comes to the end of its useful life.
You don't need to take any action to get your PC. We will contact you to arrange the supply/replacement of your desktop or laptop machine.
If you have any questions about the PC Scheme, or believe you are eligible for a computer and have not been contacted, get in touch via the self-service portal at servicedesk.liverpool.ac.uk.
Conditions of Use
- The equipment supplied is owned and managed by the Computing Services Department on behalf of the University.
- The equipment will be either a desktop or a laptop computer.
- Eligible staff will be provided with equipment from the range that are supported by CSD.
- Eligible staff are core-funded employees of the University. In cases where a member of staff is funded from more than one source, Human Resources will determine whether or not the University should supply the computer.
- If a member of staff already has a machine via alternative funding and it is fit-for-purpose, an additional machine will not be provided via the scheme.
- All equipment must run the Managed Windows Service, be tagged with an asset number and will be monitored by CSD.
- If a prolonged period of inactivity is detected for a particular machine, CSD will contact with the user or their department to determine whether or not the equipment is still required.
- Equipment will be replaced when it comes to the end of its useful life.
- Where requirements change, such as staff requiring a laptop instead of a desktop machine, CSD will assist in exchanging the equipment. The original system may be reused by other eligible staff in the scheme.
- The equipment is assigned for use to an individual member of staff and NOT to a department. In most cases if a member of staff changes department, the equipment should transfer with them. If the member of staff leaves the University, CSD will arrange for collection of the equipment so that it can be used by another eligible member of staff. Replacement equipment will be provided when new core-funded member of staff is appointed to the vacant role.
- YOU are responsible and liable for the safe-keeping of the information you handle - not your line manager and not the University. If your University laptop is lost or stolen contact the CSD Service Desk. Make sure you are aware of your responsibilities by reading the University Information Security Policy.
Disposal of IT equipment
Once a PC has come to the end of its useful life it should be disposed of using the IT asset disposal service managed by Computing Services, in line with the University IT Asset Disposal Policy.