The network and its activities are underpinned by the UKRI-funded research project, Rurban Revolution (http://wp.lancs.ac.uk/rurbanrevolution/). The network has received funding from a BBSRC Impact Acceleration Account award.
The purpose of the network is to:
- Support long-term sustainability of food growing organisations in the Liverpool City Region.
- Promote, support and educate people to grow food sustainably.
- Increase the amount of fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs grown sustainably by community growers, supported by related members.
- Improve the distribution of and access to locally grown food to reduce food insecurity.
- Promote sustainability and environmental action, and encourage active collaboration and partnership.
For further information and to keep up to date with the network activities, check out its Social Medias: