The School of the Arts (SOTA) Employability Support Award
The School of the Arts (SOTA) Employability Support Award is available to students who might benefit from financial support to help take up opportunities for career-related activities that a lack of funding could otherwise prevent them from undertaking.
Students may apply for a non-repayable award of up to £200 to help with the costs of undertaking a work experience opportunity or other activity that will enhance their employability. Award funding is issued as a reimbursement of expenses.
Examples of typical activities that the SOTA Employability Support Award seeks to support:
- Interview expenses (e.g. travel and/or accommodation)
- Work experience / work-shadowing expenses (e.g. travel and/or accommodation)
- Conference / careers fair / employer insight day expenses (e.g. travel and/or accommodation)
- A short vocational course to develop employability skills
- Student membership of a professional body (in order to attend networking events or access resources)
- Participation in a research project, linked to your career aims
Current students can apply by completing the application form. Deadline for 2017-18 applications: 17:00 on Friday 13 July.