Helga Drummond is Professor of Decision Sciences in ULMS and Visiting Professor of Business, Gresham College London. She has also lectured from time to time at the Defence Academy in Shrivenham. Professor Drummond is an Independent Member of the Defence Scientific Advisory Committee (DSAC. DSAC advises the Ministry of Defence on science and technology.
Professor Drummond is also Lay Member the Licence Committee of the Human Embryo and Fertilisation Authority, the General Optical Council Fitness to Practice Committee and the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Discipline Committee. Past external appointments include Non-Executive Director of two executive agencies of the Ministry of Defence, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Lay Member of the Joint Council of the Inns of Court.
Professor Drummond has published extensively both in article and book form for both academics and managers. Recent publications include "Academy of Management Perspectives"; "Journal of Information Technology" and "Economist Guide to Decision-Making." She recently completed a term of office as External Examiner, Said Business School, University of Oxford.
Prizes or Honours
- Non-Executive Director (Ministry of Defence (Armed Forces Personnel Administration Agency), 2005)
- Lay Member: Joint Council of the Inns of Court (Bar Council, 2004)
- Non-Executive Director (Ministry of Defence (Veteran's Agency), 2004)
- Lay Member: Fitness to Practise Committee General Optical Council (Appointed by the Privy Council, 2003)
- Subject moderator for Leadership and Management (Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountancy, 2003)
- Lay Member, Audit Committee; Finance Committee (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, 2003)
- Visiting Professor (University of Manchester, 2001)