Helga Drummond is Professor of Decision Sciences in ULMS and Visiting Professor of Business, Gresham College London. She has also lectured from time to time at the Defence Academy in Shrivenham. Professor Drummond is an Independent Member of the Defence Scientific Advisory Committee (DSAC. DSAC advises the Ministry of Defence on science and technology.
Professor Drummond is also Lay Member the Licence Committee of the Human Embryo and Fertilisation Authority, the General Optical Council Fitness to Practice Committee and the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Discipline Committee. Past external appointments include Non-Executive Director of two executive agencies of the Ministry of Defence, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Lay Member of the Joint Council of the Inns of Court.
Professor Drummond has published extensively both in article and book form for both academics and managers. Recent publications include "Academy of Management Perspectives"; "Journal of Information Technology" and "Economist Guide to Decision-Making." She recently completed a term of office as External Examiner, Said Business School, University of Oxford.
- Keynote Speaker (Invitation to Speak, Ministry of Defence, Cranfield University 2005)
- Lecture: 'Risk and decision-making' (Invitation to Speak, University of Porto 2005)
- Non-Executive Director (Ministry of Defence (Armed Forces Personnel Administration Agency) 2005)
- Lecture: 'IT Systems Failures' (Invitation to Speak, University of Manchester 2005)
- Lecture on collapse of Barings' bank. (Keynote Speech, SOAS University of London 2004)
- Lay Member: Joint Council of the Inns of Court (Bar Council 2004)
- Non-Executive Director (Ministry of Defence (Veteran's Agency) 2004)
- Risk and decision-making:developments in theory and research (Keynote Speech, International Association of Commercial Contract Managers 2003)
- Subject moderator for Leadership and Management (Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountancy 2003)
- Lay Member, Audit Committee; Finance Committee (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors 2003)
- Lay Member: Fitness to Practise Committee General Optical Council (Appointed by the Privy Council 2003)
- Lecture on power (Invitation to Speak, University of Manchester 2002)
- Keynote Speaker: Risk and decision-Making (Keynote Speech, University of Cambridge 2002)
- Lecture of Risk and Decision-Making (Invitation to Speak, University of Manchester 2001)
- Lecture on collapse of project TAURUS (Invitation to Speak, London School of Economics 2001)
- Visiting Professor (University of Manchester 2001)
- ULMS Director of Research Ethics
- Vice Chair of the University Research Ethics Sub-Committee (Non-Invasive)
- Member of the University Corporate Facilities Committee
- Chair of ULMS Post-Graduate board of Studies