I joined Liverpool University Management School in September 2013. Before that, I studied and worked at Nankai University, Zhejiang University, Newcastle University, Imperial College London and Plymouth University. I have managed several research projects funded by EPSRC, Royal Society, British Council, European Commission, and Chinese Research Councils. I have developed expertise in applying mathematical modelling techniques and simulation-based tools to manufacturing system and transport logistics problems, particularly in the area of maritime transport. The goal is to advance the knowledge and assist industries to improve management considering economic, environmental and societal performance.
- External reviewer of Research Proposals (Invitation to Perform, Research Grants Council (RGC), Hong Kong 2011)
- External assessor of Research Proposals (Invitation to Perform, Australian Research Council (ARC) 2014)
- International Peer Review college (Invitation to Perform, National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Korea, 2015)
- Associate Editor (Invitation to Perform, International Journal of Inventory Research (IJIR) 2015)
- Associate Editor (Invitation to Perform, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics (IJSTL) 2012)
- Editorial Advisory Board (Invitation to Perform, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 2013)
- Member of the Research & Impact Committee at University of Liverpool Management School