I co-ordinate departmental outreach activities, which include engagement with schools, patient groups and the public. I am very passionate about sharing my research with non-traditional audiences.
I am an active member of several professional networks. I am Treasurer for Women in Vision UK, and on the management committee for St Paul's Research Foundation. I am a professional member of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, and the Institute of Materials.
Organisations I have been associated with
- STEMNet (2009 - present)
- British Association of Advancement of Science (Engineering Section) (2008)
- Smallpeice Trust (2007 - present)
Professional Body Memberships
- Institute of Physics & Engineering in Medicine (Full member, 2010 - present)
- Tissue and Cell Engineering Society (Member, 2010 - present)
- Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine International Society (Member, 2010 - present)
- European Society for Biomaterials (Member, 2008 - present)
- UK Society for Biomaterials (Member, 2004 - present)