I am an evolutionary biologist interested in the role of biotic forces in evolution and ecology. My 'big question' is: 'how would the world be if animals and plants did not have symbionts?' I also work to exploit our fundamental understanding of host-symbiont interactions to improve bee husbandry and reduce the impact of vector born disease on livestock.
- Leverhulme Study Fellowship (Competitive Fellowship, Leverhulme Trust 2012)
- Symposium invited speaker (Invitation to Speak, Society for Molecular Biology and Evolution 2010)
- Scientific medal (Zoological Society of London 2009)
- Plenary lecture (Keynote Speech, Royal Entomological Society 2009)
- Convener, Evolutionary Ecology Research group