Impacts 08 seminars
Here you'll find details of seminars and events we've held to discuss findings from our research.
- 12th March, Beyond Impacts: Lessons and legacies from researching Liverpool’s European Capital of Culture
Our five year research programme culminated with a major international conference on the 12th March 2010 to officially launch our final report on the impacts of Liverpool hosting the European Capital of Culture title in 2008. Beyond Impacts provided a forum for some 150 delegates to discuss the current state of longitudinal impact research and its implications for policy, practitioner and academic environments. We were joined by top representatives from Department for Culture, Media and Sport, Arts Council England and Research Councils UK to debate the key lessons emerging out of the Impacts 08 programme and their future application across sectors. There was also an opportunity to hear members of the Impacts 08 team discuss tested methodologies and key projects that are relevant for the assessment of the London 2010 Games and the recently launched UK City of Culture Programme.
- 5th February, Marseille workshop of our European Capitals of Culture Policy Group.
- 23rd November, Liverpool workshop of our European Capitals of Culture Policy Group.
- 16th September, Rhetoric and reality: the role of cultural policy in place and space, an AHRC / ESRC Impact Fellowship seminar
- 27th July, Measuring arts engagement: the third impact workshop
- 11th June, Audience engagement in physical environments: the second impact workshop
- 16th March, Audience engagement in virtual environments: the first impact workshop.
- 23rd October 2008, interactive event hosted with Arts Research Digest: 'The Big Question: The Changing Role of Research in Bidding for, and Measuring the Impact of, Large-Scale Cultural Events'
- 8th January 2008, knowledge transfer seminar (hosted by DCMS, Northwest Culture Observatory, AHRC and ESRC): 'Reviewing the contribution of culture in regeneration. The Liverpool Model for longitudinal research and impact assessment'.
- 7th November 2007, Research Forum: 'Mapping the City'
- 24 September 2007, Stakeholder Seminar: ''Researching Culture-led Regeneration'
- 9th March 2007, Public Forum: 'Measuring the Impacts of Cultural Programming'
- 21st February 2007, Student seminar: 'Cultural Research and Liverpool 08'.
- 13th November 2006, Academic seminar: 'Assessing Culture-led Regeneration'.