Impacts 08 reports and papers
This page provides links to all Impacts 08 published reports, as well as some of the background documents that have informed our research.
This section provides access to the annual Impacts 08 report, which comprises the compilation of annual indicator data, summary findings from individual project reports, progress on the research model and progress with Knowledge Transfer activities.
- January 2009: Core Messages - 2007 and early 2008 data
- December 2008: December 2008: Benchmark Indicators Report
- March 2007: Baseline report - 2006/07
- March 2007: Baseline report - Core Messages
This section lists specific project reports organised within their most relevant thematic cluster. At the moment, individual project reports cover the areas of economics, image / identity and philosophy / management of the ECoC process, but further reports will be added to this section as they become available.
Economic impacts and processes
- March 2008: The Business of Culture: European Capital of Culture impacts and engagement with the regional and local business base (three separate reports and summary findings)
- January 2007: Measuring the economic impacts of Liverpool European Capital of Culture - Baseline economic indicators and the Merseyside business base
Cultural Access and Participation
- April 2009: Local Area Studies - 2008 Results
- November 2008: Local Area Studies - Baseline and 2007 Results
- November 2008: Local Area Studies - Local Area Studies - Key Statistics and Mapping of the Four Local Areas
- October 2008: Volunteering for Culture: Exploring the Impact of being an 08 Volunteer
Image and identity
- December 2007: Re-telling the City - Exploring Narratives of Liverpool
- December 2006: Press Impact Analysis (96, 03, 05) - A retrospective study: UK National Press Coverage on Liverpool before, during and after bidding for European Capital of Culture status
Philosophy and management of the process
- October 2008: Who Pays the Piper? Understanding the experience of organisations sponsoring the Liverpool European Capital of Culture
This section lists additional secondary research that has been commissioned or supported by the Impacts 08 team to inform our work on other projects.
- June 2009: England's Northwest Research Service, Methodology for Measuring the Economic Impact of Liverpool's Year as European Capital of Culture 2008
- May 2009: Langen, F and Garcia, B. Measuring the Impacts of Large Scale Cultural Events: A Literature Review
- October 2008: Bond, H. Estimating the Economic_Benefits_of_Event_Tourism
- October 2008: Hunter-Jones, P. Student-linked Visiting Friends and Relatives (VFR) Traffic: Exploring the Customer Journey
- October 2008: Phythian-Adams, SL, Sapsford, D and Southern, A. Considering the Economic Impacts of the 2008 European Capital of Culture: A Review on the Literature concerning "Economic Multiplier" Effects