Beyond Impacts: Lessons and legacies from researching Liverpool's European Capital of Culture
Our five year research programme culminated with a major international conference in Liverpool on the 12th March 2010 to officially launch our final report on the impacts of Liverpool hosting the European Capital of Culture title in 2008.
The conference, which took place at the Victoria Gallery & Museum, provided a forum for discussion on the current state of longitudinal impact research and its implications for policy, practitioner and academic environments. Representatives from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, Arts Council England and Research Councils UK joined us to debate the key lessons emerging out of the Impacts 08 programme and their future application across sectors. The Impacts 08 team also had the opportunity to discuss in detail methodologies and key projects that are relevant for the assessment of the London 2010 Games and the recently launched UK City of Culture Programme.
Introductory plenary session
- Dr Beatriz Garcia: Impacts 08 Overview (I) Background and main findings
- Ruth Melville: Impacts 08 Overview (II) - Ways forward
- Dr Beatriz Garcia: Cultural Narratives
- Ruth Melville: Cultural Participation - forthcoming
- Tamsin Cox: Cultural Economy - forthcoming