Public Forum: 'Measuring the Impacts of Cultural Programming' - 9 March
Location & Times: The Foresight Centre, University of Liverpool - 9th March 2007, 2pm - 6pm
Details: This public event provided a setting to discuss the main issues surrounding the planning, implementation and dissemination of research into event-led cultural regeneration. The forum presented the main theoretical and methodological framework for Impacts 08, contextualising the aspirations and outcomes of the programme with other research and event experiences across the UK and internationally. The invited speakers represented major UK cultural events, and panellists with academic and consultancy expertise in the areas of cultural policy, city regeneration, impact research, and event evaluation were present.
See the links to the right for further information, and also the programme below which has links to the presentations from the day where available.
If you attended this event, please complete our event evaluation form.
- Abigail Gilmore (Director, Northwest Culture Observatory): Welcome and introduction
- Beatriz Garcia (Director, Impacts 08): Culture-led Regeneration and Research Methodologies: slides - video
- Ruth Melville (Senior Research Fellow, Impacts 08): Indicator Frameworks for Impact Assessment: slides - video
- Kris Donaldson (Marketing & Commercial Director, Liverpool Culture Company): Building on research and evaluation to inform the delivery of Liverpool 08
- Gerri Morris (Director, Morris Hargreaves McIntyre): Evaluating the Manchester International Festival: slides - video
- David Powell (Director, David Powell Associates Ltd): Strategic Research in the London Boroughs: Preparing the Ground for the Games: slides - video
- Fran Hegyi (Cultural Programme Adviser, London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games): Planning the cultural olympiad: what we need to know: slides - video
- Sara Selwood (Head of Cultural Policy and Management, City University): Cultural Indicators & Arts Funding: video
- Colin Mercer (Researcher, Policy Analyst & Advisor): Capitals of Culture, Cultural Capital and Impact Assessment: slides - video
- François Matarasso (Freelance Writer/Researcher & Consultant): Community development and social impact: video