Our BA Accounting and Finance programme has a theoretical and practice-led approach covering the core aspects of accounting and finance including financial accounting, management accounting and finance. It also covers specialist areas such as auditing, taxation and strategy to a level equivalent to the ICAEW professional stage.
Choosing this highly accredited course can give you an advantage in a range of careers including: accountancy (both in practice and in industry), investment banking, asset management and insurance in organisations such as Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, KPMG, NHS, PwC, Siemens as well as in the public sector. Some students also pursue further postgraduate study.
With close industry links, excellent teaching, and quality content the programme is accredited by the professional accountancy bodies and receives the maximum number of exemptions available to any university from:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA)
- Institute of Charted Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)