The Virtual Engineering Centre (VEC) provides innovative solutions for real-world industry problems through the exploitation of our academic research and access to the latest technology.
Whether you want to create a virtual prototype, recreate an environment in the virtual world to test a product, or run millions of scenarios using the latest technology in high-performance computing, our proven expertise can improve quality and safety, and reduce costs and time to market, across many advanced manufacturing and technology sectors.
Our unique Sandpit model underpins the way we work with business. It offers the perfect environment to foster collaboration and address common barriers through exploratory projects, and harnesses the specialist technologies and leading edge research available from the VEC and its extensive networks.
We work with blue chip companies and SMEs across a broad range of industries including aerospace, automotive, energy, transport, FMCG and space.
- Autonomous and intelligent systems
- Virtual test and engineering reliability
- Digital design and manufacture
- Support for certification.
- Virtual Engineering Simulation Laboratory
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems Laboratory
- Virtual Reality Laboratory
- Haptics Laboratory.
Why use the VEC?
- Unique: only facility in the UK to offer multi-disciplinary virtual engineering experts and exploratory laboratories, specialising in virtual test and engineering reliability, digital design and manufacture, and autonomous and intelligent systems
- Well-connected: underpinned by specialist research centres at the University of Liverpool (including areas of risk and uncertainty and autonomous systems) and our strategic partner, STFC Hartree Centre, which boasts high-performance computing and big data capabilities
- Industry-leading: capacity to foster innovation, collaboration and new technologies development and deployment through our novel Sandpit model
- Complete service: bespoke solutions from product development and implementation to training and customer support.
Back to: Collaborate with us