How Food Shapes Our World
Tuesday 25th September
5.00pm Budden Lecture Theatre
Animal Farm with the plot turned upside down in a way even Orwell could not have foreseen
The speaker, Carolyn Steel, is a world authority on the politics of food. Her lecture will discuss:
- Food production and cities
- Supply chains and the global economy
- The market place, its history – much more than just a supermarket!
- Cooking, the kitchen and the importance of getting involved
- Eating as a social activity
Carolyn has also coined the phrase “Sitopia” as a way of expressing a better, more sustainable and balanced society.
You may never think about food the same way ever again!