- Intercalation offers greater career opportunities
- It provides an opportunity to study a subject that interests you in more depth
- You will learn how to undertake research, with the opportunity to publish papers or present at conferences
- You will obtain a Bachelor’s qualification as well as your veterinary qualification
- It's a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends with shared interests
Why this subject?
Enjoy an innovative and exciting programme of study
The University for Liverpool is the only UK University currently offering such a BSc programme, tailor-made for intercalating veterinary students. We have developed the curriculum to be concept- and issue-led, with the aim of encouraging you to form (and share) your own opinions. Topical conservation issues are presented in a format that encourages you to apply your knowledge in new ways, with analysis of approaches from different fields.
Broaden your experience and future career options
You’ll benefit from developing your research skills, broadening your experience and achieving a wider appreciation of the roles that veterinarians can have in the field of conservation.
Work experience opportunities
An optional work placement module offers the opportunity to gain valuable experience tailored to benefit your career aspirations.
Excellence in veterinary science at Liverpool
As an Institute, we are proud to rank 3rd in the UK (1st in England) and in the top ten in the world.
“I really enjoyed the year and the holistic view it took, I feel that was really helpful for the final years and going forward. Would choose the same intercalation if I did it all again!”
Sarah Merrell, Veterinary Conservation Medicine Graduate
Back to: Undergraduate