Virtual events and activities to take part in this week: 1-7 June 2020
Take a look at our round-up of the best virtual events and activities taking place over the next week:
1. Bake-Along with BakeSoc: White Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
Feed that sweet tooth and learn to make White Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake with BakeSoc!
When: Tuesday, 2 June 2020, 12pm
Find out more: @UoLBakeSoc Instagram Stories
2. KnowHow webinars
These webinars will look at the process of choosing and completing a dissertation, and introduce EndNote Desktop, an application for managing your citations, creating bibliographies and managing citations in your Word documents.
Planning your Dissertation – Tuesday, 2 June 2020, 11am
Introduction to EndNote Desktop– Thursday, 4 June 2020, 12pm
3. VIRTUALCONNECT by Careers & Employability
An extension of the CareerConnect programme, VirtualConnect is a programme of remote events designed to help you stay connected with employers. This week’s line-up includes webinar from SRS and MedComms at OPEN Health.
When: Monday, 1 - Friday, 5 June 2020
Find out more: https://careerhub.liv.ac.uk/students/events
Stay in and work out with Sport Liverpool – this week we’re taking part in the ‘Stair Climb Challenge’!
We've seen how far we can walk but how high can we climb in 1 week? Beginning Monday 1 June, our next wellbeing challenge will see us take on a virtual mountain climb straight from the comfort of our own home. Check our website for details and to enter your steps.
When: All week
5. Entertainment for all
Feeling bored? There is something here for all to tune in and enjoy…
- One Direction at home - 6 June, 8pm. Register with Eventbrite
- J - Fresh , DJ - Listening Session Garage + Grime - 1 June, 6pm. Register with Eventbrite
- Feeling Gloomy - Live Stream (Free) - 5 June, 5.30pm. Register with Eventbrite
- Cirque du Soleil - Free anytime on YouTube
- A Streetcar Named Desire with Gillian Anderson – Free anytime on YouTube
- Shakespeare's Globe's 90-minute Macbeth – Free anytime on YouTube
- Everything Is Possible: The York Suffragettes – Tune in here