The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the provisions of the FOIA and EIR are adhered to and in particular that:
- Routinely published information about the University is made available to the public as a matter of course, and indexed through the Publication Scheme.
- Information not included in the Publication Scheme is readily available on request and such a request is dealt with in a timely manner.
- Advice and assistance is provided to anyone seeking information about the University.
- If information is covered by an exemption, consideration is given as to whether or not the information should be released.
- All staff are aware of how FOIA and EIR applies to their day to day work.
Back to: Policy centre